COVID-19 debt payoff takes two generations; Ben de Vera authored this news article and published it in Inquirer on April 17, 2022.
According to the article, the Department of Finance (DOF) said on April 16, it will take 40 years, or about two generations, to repay the P1.31 trillion in foreign debt that the Duterte administration incurred for the COVID-19 pandemic.
As of January, the Philippines borrowed $25.7 billion (about P1.31 trillion) from banks and bilateral partners, but most P1.31-trillion debts were sovereign bonds, amounting to P559.1 billion, mature over the following years until 2060. And as of end-February, the national government’s outstanding debt reached P12.09 trillion and was projected to hit P13.42 trillion by year-end.
Editor’s Note: This makes us think covid jabs are “free” as the government adamantly campaigns, so who pays for these debts now? This will be a lifetime of repayment for some and for others, they’ll bring this to their graves.
Is there a sourer datum than this?
Perhaps why covid proponents are tenaciously inclined to inject all available experimental doses, even those near-expiry to everyone, is because they have overestimated the acceptance of Filipinos to take the jab. Or perhaps the secret contracts the government has with vaccine makers stipulated contractual obligations? [See Poland braces for legal battle as it declines to take or pay for more COVID vaccines; Leaked Pfizer contracts show they knew of adverse effects and lack of long-term efficacy of vaccines; Pfizer demands governments gamble with state assets to secure vaccine deal; Governments are signing secret vaccine deals]. Thus, requiring them to use up all the jabs; otherwise, they would be shamefaced of wasting the people’s money. To quote Senator Ping Lacson, “allowing 27 million doses or even a portion of it to expire is criminal and the height of incompetence and irresponsibility.”
Is the Philippines bound to the same fate as the other 110 countries that have signed a contract with Pfizer and other vaccine makers? [See Pfizer Controls Health Policy of 110 Countries, CCH Challenges the Duterte Government to Make Public Its Contract with Pfizer.]
If we employ critical thinking, here are plain truths:
- There were no excess deaths in 2020; in fact, 2020 registered 3% lower deaths compared to 2019 [see Despite COVID-19, Philippines registers 3% lower deaths in 2020; PSA data on deaths shows government either manipulating us or covering up their mistake; Was There Really an Epidemic?] Data on deaths from Philippine Statistics Authority refutes the declaration that covid-19 is deadly.
- The government offered mass testinghttps://www.philstar.com/headlines/2020/07/20/2029272/mass-testing-pushed-revive-philippine-economy [see RT-PCR tests are scientifically meaningless; The issue with RT-PCR testing and lockdowns: The Achilles’ heel (weakness) of the Philippine government when faced with legal challenges; FDA documents show no reference virus for RT-PCR tests, virus strain found in tests may not be the causative agent for COVID; How COVID Testing Strategy Will Extend Pandemic Scare; Scientists: No way of stopping the virus, end mass testing; Dr. Jay Bhattacharya: Test and tracing only creates panic].
- Safe, effective and low-cost drugs for covid were bannedhttps://www.gmanetwork.com/news/topstories/nation/782511/doh-fda-current-data-don-t-support-use-of-ivermectin-on-covid-19-cases/story/ in favor or expensive and ineffective equivalent [see Ramon Tulfo speaks about Ivermectin, asks Phil. Health secretary and head of FDA to resign for alleged corruption; WHO advises against use of remdesevir for COVID patients; Hydroxychloroquine can dramatically ease the COVID-19 crisis].
- Other alternatives for covid were discouraged and smearedhttps://www.cnnphilippines.com/news/2020/6/25/health-experts-warning-steam-inhalation.html[see PITAHC supports “tuob”].
- With the notion of a deadly communicable disease, the government aimed to curb health crisis with the help of “efficacious” experimental covid jabs [see Some countries have pre-ordered enough vaccines to immunize over 100% of their population].
- The government signed secret contracts with the ‘vaccine’ makers and even indemnified the latter from any liabilities from the jabs [see this discussed in this article Is the US Compensation Scheme for Vaccine Injuries Serving Its Purpose?].
- COVID jab proponents’ thrust was zero-covid therefore applying herd immunity through these experimental jabs [see The Government Believes that 100% Vaccination is the Key to Getting the Philippines Back to Normal; Why Can’t COVID Vaccines Create Herd Immunity?] These people do not recognize natural immunity.
- Authorities employed soft coercion to charm trusting people to take the jabs without the proper informed consent [see IATF Planning to Incentivize the Vaccinated].
- 4Ps members were threatened suspension of subsidy if they didn’t get the jabhttps://www.gmanetwork.com/news/topstories/nation/809864/dilg-wants-no-vaccine-no-subsidy-for-unvaccinated-4ps-beneficiaries/story/https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/topstories/nation/810134/ano-clarifies-4ps-vaccination-proposal-magpa-vaccine-ka-tapos-bigay-namin-ayuda/story/. Some yielded but others refused and pushed back, which called the attention of senate who called it illegalhttps://www.cnnphilippines.com/news/2021/11/8/COVID-19-vaccine-4P-subsidy-DILG.html.
- Inter-agency Task Force for Emerging Infectious Disease (IATF-EID) penned resolution 148-Bhttps://iatf.doh.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/20211111-IATF-Resolution-148B.pdf following President Rodrigo Roa Duterte’s directives for a whole-of-government solution to increase the demand for COVID-19 vaccination. This resolution led to no vax, no entry, no vax, no salaryhttps://www.gmanetwork.com/news/money/companies/807415/senators-slam-supposed-no-vax-no-salary-policy-say-it-s-illegal/story/, and no vax, no ride policies, which caused so much distress for Filipinos, particularly the poor [see Governor Gwen Garcia Upholds RA 11525 Against No Vaccine, No Entry Policy; What’s Wrong with the DoTr’s “No Vax, no Ride” Policy?]
- There was high vaccine hesitancy until authorities mandated all on-site employees to take the jabs or spend their hard-earned money for bi-monthly expensive and useless RT-PCR testing.
- Officials agitated parents to resume face-to-face classes but preferred jabbed learners, which lured parents to gamble on their children’s health [see Former PNP Chief Urged DepEd for High Vax Rate Among Students and Teachers; DepEd Chief Flipflops: Vaccination Not Required for Children Attending In-person Classes; CHED: Only Fully Vaccinated Students are Allowed in In-person Classes; Should vaccination be required for teachers and students before we resume face-to-face classes?].
These facts indicate the plan is expenditure in the semblance of a health emergency; where is the ordinary Filipino heading from here? How can the Philippines take off from all this spending on purported pandemic and experimental jabs? Also, is the indemnity fund of 500M still intact? Is PhilHealth prepared for the inundation of severe adverse events and fatality because of these jabs? When will the jab mandate end? Or will it be a regular regimen until our nation has nothing left but debts and an imploded healthcare system? [See 2021 Excess Deaths in the Philippines Shows Pandemic, but it is Not COVID; Philippine Hospitals Inundated With Non-COVID Patients: Could These be the Adverse Effects of COVID Jabs?; Is it True that the Majority of Hospitals are Occupied by the Vaccine-Free with COVID-19?; The Philippines Sees Uptick on Heart Disease Incidences During Pandemic Says Expert.]
Read Original Article
Click the button below if you wish to read the article on the website where it was originally published.
Click the button below if you wish to read the article offline.