The Department of Health (DOH) has resumed sending out daily COVID case reports, people are once again starting to panic about a possible resurgence of the “pandemic”.
If we were only reading the news, we might think that COVID is surging once again, but if we look at the COVID tracker from the Department of Health (DOH), this new “surge” is nothing to be concerned about. For one, it is nowhere near the “surge” in February 2022.
Despite the “high” case numbers, the number of deaths is very low, which it has been since May 2022.
These increasing case numbers mean nothing except an indication that the number of tests being conducted is also increasing. This fact is clearly illustrated in this image below, where you can clearly see that the positivity rate increases as testing increases.
We have known for a long time that the use of RT-PCR to assess the spread of disease is problematic for many reasons.
- The issue with RT-PCR testing and lockdowns: The Achilles’ heel (weakness) of the Philippine government when faced with legal challenges
- New study shows one in three who are forced to quarantine were never contagious
- RT-PCR Cannot Differentiate Covid-19 and Seasonal Influenza: What Do We Have Then?
- FDA documents show no reference virus for RT-PCR tests, virus strain found in tests may not be the causative agent for COVID
- CDC revokes EUA for RT-PCR test kits
- New study proves that RT-PCR positivity should not be used as a measure of infectiousness
- New study shows how recovered COVID patients can repeatedly test positive, shows varying implications to RT-PCR testing
- Sweden: PCR cannot be used for diagnosis
- Manitoba Government Chief Microbiologist: 56% of positive “cases” are not infectious, but products of misleading RT-PCR tests
- WHO finally admits the problem of PCR tests
- WHO lowers cycle thresholds for PCR tests
In fact, the WHO has already said that we should no longer be focusing on COVID cases, instead, we should focus on strengthening our health care capacity.
Recent news published by the Manila Standard, the DOH said that COVID cases MIGHT surge to more than 17,000 daily by end of July. They blame this surge on “lax compliance to health protocols and slow vaccine booster uptake”.
But we all know this to be untrue. For one, mass gatherings during the campaign season led to some of the lowest COVID case and death rates in the last two years. Why will you believe that it banning mass gatherings will curb the spread of SARS-CoV-2?
Moreover, it is already an established fact that the COVID shots will not stop infection and transmission.
- DOH Admitted: Fully-Vaccinated People Can Still Get COVID-19
- CDC Head declares COVID ‘vaccines’ don’t prevent infections or transmissions
- Israeli study concludes vaccines have failed to prevent spread of COVID
- Expert Says COVID Vaccines Not Strong Enough for Herd Immunity
- Iceland: Vaccines Not Enough, as Many as Possible People Need to be Infected for herd immunity
We also know that boosters will not change this fact. Many international health experts have also warned against taking boosters.
- WHO: Boosters Using Original COVID Vaccines not Appropriate or Sustainable
- UK Vaccine Taskforce Chair: Booster Strategy Makes Little Sense
- Japanese Cardiovascular Surgeon: Stop Vaccine Boosters, Serious Risks Recorded
- Influential journal publishes warning on boosters
- Vaccine Experts Say COVID Booster Shots for Children Not Yet Necessary
- Sir Peter Vallance: Boosters every four months cannot continue
- Endless boosters can lead to increased autoimmune disease
This sudden highlight in the number of cases is nothing more than a fear appeal. Because they have succeeded in using it before, they are using it again.
- Fear appeal: The science of using fear to manipulate people into submission
- Delta and Other Variants: Fear Appeal for Permanent Lockdowns, Killer Vaccines. Strengthening Natural Immunity the Way Out.
- Naked Fear Appeal. Do not be Fooled. Don’t Yield. Don’t Get Vaccinated
We hope that by now, Filipinos are already familiar with the playbook. We all know what they are after: increasing booster takeup.