Based on recent articles by Manila Bulletin, mandatory vaccinations for students are a clear possibility.
This is a continuation of an earlier failed push to mandate vaccination of school-aged children.
Perhaps one of the issues that the Marcos government must now grapple with is that officials from the previous administration have already given the go-signal to continue face-to-face classes even for the unvaccinated.
- DILG Region 10 OKs face-to-face classes for the unvaxxed
- IATF backs return to face-to-face classes, rejects mandatory vaccination
- President Duterte Supports In-person Classes to Restore Normalcy and Mandates Wearing of Mask
- DepEd: Vaccination Card Not a Requirement for Face-to-face Classes
It is possible that the current administration is holding off from making the announcement for mandatory vaccinations because they are still trying to find the legal basis for this action.
- PETITION TO STOP MANDATORY VACCINATIONS FILED AT THE SUPREME COURT
- Covid Pediatric Jabs Experimental, Witnesses Tell QC Court
- Anti-Red Tape Authority (ARTA) Monitors COVID Jabs Not Enforced to Students
- QC Judge Inhibits Self from Case vs Pediatric COVID Jab
With the reassignment of the Freedom of Information (FOI) program under the direct supervision of the Office of the President, we are expecting that documents that may relate to the possible declaration of mandatory vaccination of children may become more difficult to acquire.