To answer this question, we must answer with another question: What is it that prevents them from NOT mandating vaccination of children?
Consider this: Recent news from mainstream media is already programming Filipinos to accept mandatory vaccination of children.
- ‘Strong mandate’ on vaccinating children urged
- SWS: More Pinoys back mandatory jabs, restrictions for unvaxxed
- Jabs key to return to in-person classes
- ‘Resbakuna Kids’: Easing the way to face-to-face classes
- Vaccination key to economic revival, safe F2F classes
- Pediatric vaccination ‘vital’ to reintroduction of in-person classes – DepEd
Also, think about this: RA 11525 explicitly states that vaccine cards cannot be used as a requirement for accessing public and private services, but the Interagency Taskforce for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) has blatantly violated it by signing Resolution 148-B.efn_note]https://iatf.doh.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/20211111-IATF-Resolution-148B.pdf[/efn_note] They relied on the fact that workers will simply want to just take the vaccine than being inconvenienced with weekly expensive testing. They expected us to comply. If they can do this, can you still believe that they will not do the same thing to children?
This is the reason why the case filed by the Public Attorney’s Office (PAO) on behalf of parents is important.
- A Parent of Dengvaxia Victim Together with a Parent Who Formerly Covered Dengvaxia Case File TRO to Stop Pediatric Rollout of COVID Vaccines
- Ex-congressman: No laws mandates COVID vaccination of children
If PAO wins this case, then there is a greater chance that bills attempting to mandate COVID vaccination will fail to be passed.
- Mandatory vaccination bill passed on second reading by Lower House
- House bill seeks to make COVID-19 vaccine mandatory
- Philippine Senators File Bill to Make Health Passports Mandatory
As parents, it is important to keep making noise if you do not agree to get your kids COVID-vaccinated. We cannot be complacent that our government officials will do what is right. Our children are our responsibility. No government should be able to tell us how to raise and protect them.