The following article was published in CNBC on January 25, 2022. Dawn Kopecki reported that the cited Maria Van Kerkhove, WHO’s Covid-19 technical lead saying that the subsequent COVID variant will be more transmissible than omicron but can’t tell if it will become more lethal.
Kerkhove says: “There is no guarantee of that [next variant to be milder strains]. We hope that that is the case, but there is no guarantee of that, and we can’t bank on it,”.
Also, Dr. Mike Ryan, WHO’s director of emergency programs, says the virus will continue to evolve before it settles into a pattern. Hopefully, it will settle into a low transmission level with potentially occasional epidemics. It could become more seasonal or may only affect vulnerable groups. He added the problem is that Covid is unpredictable.
Editor’s Note: What is the point of these statements from the WHO if they offer no real insight into the evolution and understanding of the virus? Of course, no one can predict what the following variant will be like, so why speak about it at all? Are these officials trying to stoke the fear, or do they not know of any other topic to talk about?
How many times did we hear WHO lie? Yes, we do not know what the following variant would be like; however, the delta was also contagious, but it was not as lethal as they wanted us to believe. The virus spreads more easily from person to person, but it will cause minor damage to the host, as most long-lasting viruses tend to do [see Scientist confirms Delta variant more transmissible, but not more deadly; Our complicated relationship with viruses].
Also, vaccinated are more susceptible to getting infected with the new strains [see Document from Public Health England shows Delta less deadly than original strain, vaccinated more vulnerable to Delta variant; Vaccinated people more vulnerable to Omicron infection. Also, read Why Do Variants Keep on Emerging Despite Vaccination and Stringent Lockdowns?].
What’s lacking with the declaration of these WHO experts is instead of adding to the burden of worries of ordinary people, they should teach individuals to boost their immune systems.
But we know that WHO cannot be trusted. In the past year, it has been acting against our interest and offering recommendations that stretched out the pandemic. Let’s review:
- WHO has changed its definition of the pandemic and only covers it as “a worldwide epidemic of a disease.” It removes the severity and high mortality criteria which is the pandemic is all about [see Why the WHO cannot be trusted].
- WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus introduced the idea of booster shots even before governments approved them [see WHO: Experimental vaccines might not work for new SARS-CoV-2 variants].
- In June 2021, WHO said that children should not be vaccinated, with the conditional word, “for now,” yet their stance was weak, and now they are after younger children [see WHO: Children should not be vaccinated “for now”].
- WHO has called to halt the booster shot from wealthier countries to donate to economically challenged nations. But it is not because they care for your health. They want everyone to get inoculated in the guise of equity [see Stop Booster Jabs, WHO Urges Wealthy Nations].
- WHO knows that the coronavirus will never go away but will be endemic. This has been echoed by other experts both in 2020 and 2021, yet, when governments start to remove covid restrictions in an effort to “live with the virus”, WHO warns governments to not to be “hasty” in laying our guards down [see WHO: The coronavirus may never go away; WHO Official Warns Virus Will Remain With Us Like Flu. Also, read this article where WHO says too early to declare victory against covid https://newsy-today.com/who-its-too-early-to-say-were-winning-the-covid-19/ ].
Should we continue to believe in these people who are evidently gaining from this pandemic? Or should we live our lives like we want them to be? Go out, challenge the mask mandates, practice constitutional rights, unleash ourselves from scare propaganda, hug and kiss our loved ones.
Zero-covid is impossible!
Read Original Article
Click the button below if you wish to read the article on the website where it was originally published.
Click the button below if you wish to read the article offline.