Cebu Governor calls on national health authorities to go beyond authoritarian, draconian policies, see what Cebu is doing
The following is a 10-minute video of Gov. Gwen Garcia speaking at the Cebu Provincial Capitol last July 13, 2021. In the video, Gov. Garcia speaks about the latest developments in Singapore [also read Singapore bares plan to exit pandemic].
Here are some of Gov. Garcia’s most important points:
- Gov. Garcia slams health authorities for continuously harping about “minimum health standards”, but offering no real exit plan for the Philippines. She says, “each time the cases decrease, you pump your chest, taking credit. You, who are so authoritarian over people’s lives. And each time the cases increase, you blame the people.”
- She asks health authorities to reassess why they haven’t been able to create a roadmap for people to get on with their lives and start the road to economic recovery.
- Gov. Garcia also raises issue against what she calls as “irresponsible journalism”, which was responsible for inflammatory headlines which claim that Region 7 is going through a “third wave”.
- She also refers to the problem with indiscriminate implementation of policies which does not look at the real condition of those who are affected. She says, “you forget that most of them are what you call ‘isang kahig, isang tuka’. What you earn for that day, is what you will buy rice with, what you will feed your family with. If you isolate this person for 14 days, that’s 14 days of his income capacity”.
- She highlights Singapore’s decision to no longer announce daily cases, saying, “It does not achieve anything. It creates a mis-impression because most of these are asymptomatic or mild.”
- Gov. Garcia says that the quest for zero COVID has devastated economies and has put people out of work.
- She says that those making decisions about the country’s pandemic response should stop focusing on masks, face shields, social distancing, and stay-at-home orders, and other authoritarian, draconian approaches, they should look at what Cebu is doing.
To close the press conference, Gov. Garcia shares Cebu’s main strategy for preventing COVID infections: “Boost the immune system, take healthy foods, take vitamins, have enough sleep and rest, live a healthy lifestyle. Go to the sea, breath in without your mask the sea air. Go to the mountains, breath in without your mask the pure mountain air…Take in the heat of the sun, that’s Vitamin D.”
Editor’s Note: What few people realize is that within these few minutes of Gov. Garcia’s speech is a huge body of scientific research. Boosting your immune system remains to be the most important protection against COVID or any virus for that matter.
We encourage you to read up on some of the resources found on this website to better understand her position. For example, check out these articles to discover why zero COVID is not a viable option: Inside the Zero Covid Cult, New study shows the path towards endemic COVID. See how fear is being used to manipulate people into submission to illogical policies, see Delta and Other Variants: Fear Appeal for Permanent Lockdowns, Killer Vaccines. Strengthening Natural Immunity the Way Out., Scientists admit: Use of fear to control behavior during the COVID crisis was totalitarian.
Lastly, to empower yourself against COVID and the massive misinformation campaign launched by mainstream media and their cohorts, read about the power of your immune system, see Your immune system can protect you from COVID and all its future variants, anyone who says otherwise is lying, Metastudy shows little possibility for variants to escape human immune system, New study finds mild COVID creates lasting antibody producing cells, New study: T-cells induced by COVID infection can respond to new SARS-CoV-2 variants, Our immune system evolves to fight coronavirus variants, Pro-vaccine immunologist: “I would probably prefer to have natural immunity”. Also read this article from Nature: Had COVID? You’ll probably make antibodies for a lifetime.
View Original Video
Click the button below if you wish to watch the video on the website where it was originally published.