The following is a resolution submitted by the Education Committee to the Swedish Parliament. In it, the committee urges the Riksdag (parliament) to support investing in research on artificial wombs, emphasizing several key justifications. Here are some of them:
- The resolution highlights the importance of reproductive freedom and autonomy, enabling individuals to control their reproductive health without biological or social constraints.
- It addresses the potential to reduce inequalities in reproductive care by providing alternatives for those who cannot undergo traditional pregnancies due to medical reasons.
- Additionally, artificial wombs could alleviate the physical burden of pregnancy, promoting gender equality by distributing parental responsibilities more evenly. From a feminist perspective, this technology empowers individuals by removing biological and societal limitations around pregnancy, challenging patriarchal structures and traditional gender roles.
- It emphasizes the safety benefits for those with medical conditions that make traditional pregnancy risky.
- Lastly, it suggests that investing in research on artificial wombs aligns with the progress of civilization by alleviating the risks associated with natural pregnancy.
Editor’s Note: Reading this resolution brings back memories of our high school reading of the Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. Truly, reality is stranger than fiction.
While there are clear benefits to this initiative, this resolution has various ethical implications that must be discussed by societies. Here are a couple we can think of:
- Artificial wombs will raise questions about the nature of reproduction, the sanctity of life, and the rights of the unborn. It might also lead to the potential commodification of embryos.
- Will this be accessible to everyone? What is the government’s role in ensuring equitable access and social justice about this technology? Will the government own this technology?
- How will this impact traditional family structures and social norms?
- What are the unintended consequences and long-term effects of artificial womb technology?
- Will the government need to conduct regulatory oversight of this technology? How will they create the ethical guidelines for this?
- What are the potential implications of this technology for gender equality?
We hope that before any country adopts any resolution regarding artificial womb technology, citizens will have the opportunity to voice out their opinions regarding this. After all, if this is not something that citizens want, then why would governments invest taxpayers’ money? [We encourage you to read on transhumanism to understand better how this initiative is aligned to The Great Reset: Understanding The Great Reset and Its Attack on Humanity: Part 1, Understanding The Great Reset and Its Attack on Humanity, Part 2: How the Different Attacks Reinforce Each Other, The Ultimate Goal of the WEF is to Control and Change Life on Earth, WEF Says Technology for Hackable Humans Now Underway. Also watch Episode 31: Transhumanism 101. Know It. Your Life Depends on It. Part 1].
Read Original Article
Click the button below if you wish to read the article on the website where it was originally published.
Click the button below if you wish to read the article offline.