Aside from inspiring millions of citizens around the world to push back against the illogical and unscientific COVID mandates of their governments, the Freedom Convoy has also shown us a glimpse of the future that we here at CCH have been repeatedly warning about.
We have seen how the Canadian Prime Minister tried to downplay the protest, calling the individuals who joined “the fringe minority with unacceptable views”. https://news.yahoo.com/trudeau-blasts-fringe-minority-behind-010232650.html And when this fringe minority has been revealed to be nothing as such‘Freedom Convoy’ forces Ambassador Bridge shutdown over vaccine protest, New Zealand COVID protesters inspired by Canadian truckers blockade Parliament: authorities, the government panics and starts to impose a totalitarian regime we thought we would never see in a democracy.
In this article, we have collated some of the latest news relating to the worldwide Freedom Convoys which shows us a glimpse of a dark future we can expect if citizens do not push back against their government’s COVID rules.
- On February 5, 2022, crowdfunding platform GoFundMe cancelled the campaign started by the Truckers claiming that the intended peaceful protests has become an occupation.https://www.republicworld.com/world-news/rest-of-the-world-news/canada-gofundme-cancels-freedom-convoy-fundraiser-for-truckers-after-violation-of-rules-articleshow.html For many freedom fighters, this has shown the ugly face of the collusion between the government and Big Tech.
- GiveSendGo gave the Freedom Convoy a new opportunity to raise financial support for their initiative. Once again, the government petitioned the Christian crowdfunding website to shutdown the campaign started by the Freedom Convoy organizes. Unlike GoFundMe, however, GiveSendGo stood its ground, saying “Canada has absolutely ZERO jurisdiction over how we manage our funds”. GiveSendGo was subsequently subjected to a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack, hacked, and names of donors publicly leaked.https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/givesendgo-hacked-names-of-freedom-convoy-donors-leaked Was the Canadia government behind this attack? While there is no direct evidence pointing to this, the circumstances show that they are the most probable perpetrators. It is a chilling message to the “anti-mandate” individuals: “We have the power to bring you down if you oppose us”.
- As the Freedom Convoy shows no signs of backing down, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has been “forced” to invoke the never-before used Emergencies Act which would enable the government to enact extraordinary measures to public welfare emergencies, public order emergencies, international emergencies and war emergencies. Under this act, Trudeau and his government would have 30 days to prohibit public assembly, travel, and the use of a specific property. In the case of Trudeau, he has chosen to expand money-laundering laws to include crowdfunding platforms and even crytocurrency transactions.https://www.coindesk.com/policy/2022/02/15/canadas-trudeau-enacts-emergencies-act-and-crypto-is-included/. If you think you have a way of funding your needs while you fight for your freedom, then think again.
- The Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD Bank) froze two personal bank accounts, one of which included C$1.4 million ($1.1 million) to support the Freedom Convoy protesters in Canada.https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/canadian-freedom-convoy-td-bank-freezes-accounts-with-1-1m-for-trucker-protest If you are a private individual and you support the “rebels”, then you can expect your assets to be frozen, crippling your economically.
- That last statement is not mere speculation. Trudeau has confirmed the same thing when he invoked the Emergencies Act which he said would enable banks to freeze personal accounts of anyone linked to the protest even in the absence of a court order, with no civil liability.https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60383385 If you’re not afraid of what the government can do to you, then perhaps, the fear of hunger and poverty would get to you.
- The US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) have raised the alarm over heightened terrorism amid reports of planned Freedom Convoy to be staged during the Super Bowl. The DHS have increased surveillance over the protest.https://www.theepochtimes.com/dhs-official-defends-monitoring-trucker-protests-linking-terrorism-to-misinfo_4279072.html Thinking of launching an opposition to government policies? Well, don’t expect to be given any privacy.
It has now been three weeks since the Canadian Freedom Convoy has started. The longer it gets, the more citizens, not only in Canada but in other parts of the world, are awakening to how their governments have manipulated them. The anger is apparent, but most protests remain to be peaceful. But despite this, the Canadian government has chosen a maximalist strategy, showing the whole world what they can do to keep citizens in line.
Their action sends a chilling message: democracy is almost at its end because we have failed to fight for it. But the persistence of the Freedom Convoy despite all the difficulties they are now experiencing is also sending a message of hope: we still have a chance to change how this ends.