Philippine doctor suggests six urgent steps to turn the corona-crisis around
The following is an article written by Dr. Rafael Castillo for The Philippine Daily Inquirer. It was published on March 22, 2021.
In this article, Dr. Castillo says that in the face of rapidly mutating virus, vaccination may not be the best solution. Dr. Castillo also shares his insight regarding “escape mutations” of SARS-CoV-2. He says,”it occured to me that they all started in countries with massive vaccination clinical trials (the United Kingdom, South Africa, Brazil). Now, additional escape mutations have been in identified in countries like the United States after mass vaccination”.
In light of our current realities, Dr. Castillo says that the Philippines must recalibrate its pandemic response. Here are his six suggestions:
- We should shift from a vaccine-centric strategy to a more holistic, multi-pronged approach.
- Suspend vaccination and go full blast on measures that control community transmission.
- Proceed with mass vaccination in areas with controlled and stable community transmission.
- Stop the purchase of vaccines for the next six months and allocate the funds for the purchase of immune-boosting agents like Ivermectin, vitamins C and D, virgin coconut oil, etc.
- Withhold the vaccination of 20 to 40 years old to reduce the rate of developing vaccine resistance. It is best that individuals in this age group develop natural immunity.
- Agility in adapting and adjusting to prevailing circumstances.
Dr. Castillo is a member of the Professional Regulatory Board of Medicine and is an actively practicing cardiologist at the Manila Doctor’s Hospital. He tested positive for COVID-19 last January 2021. His group pioneered the use of high-dose melatonin for symptomatic COVID-19 patients.
Editor’s Note: Does Dr. Castillo know about the recent warning put out by Dr. Geert vanden Boosche? [Read Pro-vaccine expert on”immune escape”, mass vaccination, and the creation of “uncontrollable monster” viruses]. Or was it an independent insight? If it was the latter, then we now have atleast two health experts who are seeing the catastrophic impact of mass vaccinations. And though we don’t agree that mass vaccinations can resume in communities with stable community transmission, we wish to acknowledge that we support a majority of Dr. Castillo’s points. [We maintain the position that the vaccines are unnecessary as there are early treatment options available for us, see Treatment for COVID-19].
Click the button below if you wish to read the article on the website where it was originally published.
Click the button below if you wish to read the article offline.
1 thought on “Philippine doctor suggests six urgent steps to turn the corona-crisis around”
Maybe the PCR test is the pandemic. Just in case you missed this article https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)00425-6/fulltext#.YC5vcPbyR20.twitter something Mr Nicanor can analyze and create an article for.